A friend asked about the piano and me. This is what I told him:
"With piano, I guess I've always felt as though it's the one thing that truly accepts me, understands me, and takes me as I am, no matter how I come to it. Weird, right? No matter what I'd be going through, what I'd be thinking, I've always felt like the piano and me kind of have this "Come as you are" relationship, like a for real, come as you are relationship - no pretenses, no barriers between us, no matter what season in life, or how long I've stepped away from it or not spent time with it, it would always welcome me, and it'd be just like where we left off the last time I was at it."
I will not be there but am helping promote:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.nominetwork.org/newsletter/vday2010.html
Sharing a quote:
ReplyDelete"Christ put Himself in a relationship with people, bringing about a more useful love, a love that was more of a company on the path, a love that made the load lighter, a love that foreshadowed...eternal tenderness..." - Luigi Giussani