Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What is There to Say?

Reflecting this morning on a portion or two of Scripture I read way earlier this morning (around 1 am-ish, almost 2), at which time I had tried to sleep, but couldn't. I kept trying but to no avail. Shortly after, I popped out of bed, grabbed my journal and jotted this down, just a quick, pure flow of thought, no re-write:

What is there to say?
When you brother, in the deepest sense,
Betrayed a trust freely given.
There is no shade of gray.
What is there to say?
When you sister, just go on your way,
Doing whatever it is you do, acting so "cool".
What is there to say?
When it's the girl who's "not saved",
Showing me the path to His grace.
What is there to say?
Maybe it's time for a change.
I can't do it alone; I won't.
Because then maybe, I just won't do it at all.
What is there to say?
Everything and nothing at all,
Wrapped up and sealed in behind the four walls,
where a cross stands tall.
What is there to say?
What is there to say?

Psalm 25:14; 20-21
"The friendship of the LORD is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant [...] Oh, guard my soul and deliver me! Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. May integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for you."

3 comments:

  1. This moved me:

    http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/may/10052001.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice poem by the way. I have read it several times. What comes across is that the speaker has a definite attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That she definitely does, not a good or bad thing, it just is.

    ReplyDelete