I'm going to be diving into Ephesians 5 for the rest of the day. I've been inspired to do so from listening to Shaunti Feldhahn speak on "What Women Should Know About Men" (part of the Newlywed Collection with Dr. James C. Dobson). Over the years, I have read and re-read, and re-read the Ephesians 5 passage and other passages where marriage is mentioned. Very recently, Rev.19:7-8 has really been hitting my heart in a really hard way, in a way that my heart has never been hit before, frankly because my heart was not open. At this point, my heart is still somewhat turned off or closed when it comes to certain things in regards to dating/courtship/marriage, but I think God's patience over the years is slowly helping my heart to become free and open enough to make space for something like marriage.
I think it's really time for me to grow up, to submit to God's Word & what life in Christ, the dating/courtship/marriage life in Christ is all about.
Revelation 19:7-8 says, "Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure" - for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints" (English Standard Version).
I am constantly being reminded and re-reminded that as someone who may be a bride, it is it a part of my following Jesus to "make [myself] ready" for my earthly husband, and even more for my Heavenly Husband. And I am also reminded that as the Body of Christ, His Church should also be "mak[ing] herself ready for the return of Jesus, her Bridegroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment