Friday, June 11, 2010

"Thank You" - Story Behind the Song

Written on Wed. June 9, 2010 11:15 pm

How it starts out: These few lines are inspired by Klaus Kuehn singing in the background, "I'm Running" and the prophetic worship he is leading in ... God, I sense that You're here in a way, closer, much closer than I've known in the last couple of years since being out in NYC and as of late.

Thank You for Your promise
Thank You for Your Word
Thank You for who You are
Thank You for Your promise
Thank You for Your Word
Thank You for who You are
Who You are

*A little while later, the rest comes ...*

In the moments of weakness
You are my strength to stand
In those dark hours
You are the Friend that stays
My pain doesn't scare You away

When I loose my way
You're still my Protector
Always holding onto me

When I'm blinded by my sin
You shine Your light to help me see
When I'm scared and alone
You're the voice that calls out
Speaking Your love into me so tenderly

Copyright 2010
Alicia Wu

The song that inspired these lyrics:
"Running" by Christ for the Nations Institute

No comments:

Post a Comment