Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Michelle Obama & Pro-Choice

A co-worker and I were having a conversation yesterday about our nation and it came up that Michelle Obama is Pro-Choice, which of all I have researched, I didn't know ... Can't know it all.

So, I Googled, 'Michelle Obama Pro-Choice' and came upon this: http://feministsforchoice.com/michelle-obama-declares-health-care-reform-is-a-womens-issue.htm

I also came across this: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-5320221-503544.html

I'll make clear that for me, abortion is not okay, and it's not something that I will just accept as being okay, because it's not. The thing is though, just because it's not okay to me and I won't accept it, does not change the fact that people DO have a CHOICE. Abortion hasn't been banned or outlawed and I don't think it ever will be, at least not in this nation. Just because I don't and won't embrace something does not take away a person's choice to do so. If people did not have choice, there would not be opportunity for hearts to be repentant (depending on peoples' theological positions, this is a whole other discussion), so I'll leave it here for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment