Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"25 Cosas."

25 Things About Me

1. I was born & raised in NYC, USA (Chinatown, Sheepshead Bay, BK, then Hazlet, NJ), & then now back to the "motherland" Chinatown, NYC. FYI: I am Chinese-American, speak Cantonese fluently, & also speak a bit of Mandarin.

2. I love exploring people, places, & things.

3. I love being in the moment, especially when in a museum, @ starbucks, @ an amazing worship service (including the sermon & fellowship), being with friends, eating a mofongo @ Darlene's ... etc. etc. etc.

4. I LIVE for buffalo wings & bacon mofongo!

5. If I had the gift of tongues, I very highly suspect that Spanish would be that tongue!

6. My singing voice does not in any way match my petite stature ... in other words, the way I sing says nothing about the way I look, so don't be misled lol.

7. My utmost passion is leading people into worship in ANY & EVERY way ... worship is an expression of what should already be within ...

8. I desire knowledge, wisdom, and love ... without which nothing in life, no accomplishments, dreams, or desires could be fulfilled to their utter effectiveness or success.

9. I believe that the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit is the SOURCE of all things good & pure.

10. I play the piano by ear ... for me, the piano is an instrument of praise & worship ... it also acts as a weapon for me to engage in spiritual warfare when needed ... I feel the same way about my voice.

11. I believe in and constantly engage in prayerful spontaneous [prophetic] worship ... what I mean by this is, most of the time when I am having a solo worship experience or even when it is corporate, I will sit at the piano & start playing random chords (the Holy Spirit provides flow) ... the words that I sing, most often are praises, truths, which end up turning into prayers ... I love integrating prayer into my praise & worship times (whether alone or with people)!

12. I have a younger brother (22) & an older half-sister.

13. A good portion of my extended family are Canadian citizens & reside in Toronto.

14. I am down to earth & pretty old school.

15. I believe that the most simple things in life are also the most meaningful.

16. I believe in & advocate education - even more, coupled with education needs to be a transformed lifestyle.

17. I am passionate about learning how to apply practical theology into every area of my life & then teaching/equipping others on how to do the same.

18. I would like to get a PhD one of these days.

19. I can't wait to be a mom & actually be blessed with the opportunity to teach someone from the beginning of their birth ... that concept absolutely blows my mind out of the water!

20. I absolutely LOVE children & the things that God teaches me through them, or even the qualities that they help to strengthen in me .... & even more, the qualities that God develops & nurtures in me through them.

21. Both of my grandfathers have passed on (way before I was born). My grandmother on my dad's side lives somewhere in Calgary, Canada. I also have a step grandmother. My grandma on my mom's side is a Canadian citizen & lives in Toronto.

22. I love the elderly for the same reason listed in #20.

23. The older I get, I find that listening is truly an art form & it takes prayer, humility, & patience to truly apply it into every relationship that you have or different people you encounter at any given time in your life.

24. I can't dance for my life because my body muscles refuse to follow rhythm ...yet, i still do it & proudly so ... how sad is that ... imagine Kevin James, during those dancing scenes in "Hitch"

25. I want to record a English-Spanish worship album covering some songs from worship artists who consistently encourage me in my life & help me to see Jesus at every turn, even when I don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment