This piece is inspired by my reading of John O'Shaughnessy's book, "Keys To Understanding". First, I want to thank you, John for investing in my life & walk through such a precious gift that landed in my hands. As I shared with John, I started the book earlier on in the semester and then had to put it down to concentrate on the semester's readings. Since the semester has just ended, I've been staring at the book for the past two weeks while cleaning and re-organizing, thinking about John and his family, every time! :)
There is a part in the book where John shares a couple of his journal entries from specific times and experiences in his and his family's life. A particular one really resonated with my own soul, the specific point I'm at in my life now. So on the bottom of p. 59, I wrote in black pen ink and big block letters: I HAVE ADAPTED THIS PAGE FROM JOHN'S JOURNAL ENTRY & MADE IT APPLICABLE TO ME, AS THE LORD LEADS WHILE I READ. - WED. MAY 12, 2010 2:22 PM. Where there are *s is where I wrote in the words applicable to me.
"JULY 7, 1997. AUSTRIA. In Isaiah 30 it says in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength. And the Lord has been taking you into this season of quietness and you have felt like an ugly duckling. You've known that something new is hatching forth in your life, but you've been in the season of change. Who am I anyway? What was I born for? What am I doing? And you will continue in a season of change, but you are just now beginning to find out who you are, what you were born for, and what you will be doing. You just put on your new shoes, shoes of *the prophetic worshiper*, and you will wear these shoes with confidence and security, and the Lord will come to you in this next season, and He will be your teacher, and you will quietly wait on the Lord. You will have more time free than you have time of work, and this is the Lord. You will have the time for the Lord to be your teacher, where the Scriptures will be your friend in a new way And *you*, woman [...] shall blossom forth with the perfume of the prophetic as a restorer of [...] prophetic *worship*. *You* will teach people that they were created to release the aroma of God's fragrance. And you will do seminars, and you will do gatherings, and you will do small groups, on teaching people how to *worship prophetically* and there will be a poetic stream that will come forth from out of you. You will begin to prophesy in *worship* and there is a writing gift that will come forth. So wear your shoes of prophetic *worshiper* with grace and humility, and you will be greatly surprised at the people who your *life* will impact. Amen."
Imagine me sitting on my bed, reading this out loud with nothing else on in the background but the sound of my own voice. I got shivers in my soul in conjunction with a sense of calm.
What shoes are you wearing?
Is it time for some new ones?
Maybe, just maybe you could sit down and adapt John's prayer and make it your own (Like I did). Then, share it will a community of intercessors, supporters, and ministry partners so you could be held accountable.
" ... to be a dreamer in the House of the Lord",
Alicia :)
No comments:
Post a Comment