| Sunday 10.17.10 11:01 AM | From my journal |
I didn't chose this - it chose me. I can't dance physically but I dance through song. My vocal stylings, my spontaneity is where I let loose, where I'm free, truly free to be, me, in all of my element. Every vocal is a step in this grand dance, moving my own soul and hopefully moving the souls of others, to engage in this dance with You, the Creator. Slide, glide, twirl, take it up, take it high, take it low, bring it back around. Let me be a butterfly that dances through song. Fill my voice with Your Spirit, fill my soul with Your words, fill my mouth with the courage to speak, to sing, to release - change, freedom, healing, love, peace, and every good thing that comes from You. | 11:06 AM |
| CONTINUED. Part 2 |
I didn't choose this - it chose me. To bridge the gap, to help myself and others see beyond color, beyond skin, and unearth what's underneath. Beyond difference ... beyond division, it's about coming together, unity, making a difference, bringing change together. Why does everything have to be compartmentalized, categorized? Do you realize that it hurts when you put me in a box? There's more to me than how I look and it's the same for you. Can you see beyond? Can we move beyond what we're used to? Can we? | 12:40 pm |
No comments:
Post a Comment