So, as promised earlier, I shall blog about what God spoke to me about while I was in the shower before heading off to worship rehearsal. God always seems to drop revelation while I am in the shower or on the potty. It is pretty interesting actually. It's kinda like, "Weeelll God, I don't know if it's the best time to be dropping some deep stuff right now ..." He does it anyway though. Anyway, while in the shower, I was thinking about how the wicked prosper. I'm not going to get into the specifics here ... But, the wicked do prosper. At that thought, I was reminded of a passage that a dear friend and sister told me to read the other day ... Psalm 73, where it talks about the wicked prospering. Well, for me, the most sobering thing is the realty that, the truth of the matter is, that God sends the rain to fall both on the just and the unjust.That God, He loves them both, all the same. Sobering but at the same time, that made me mad and reminded me of this past Thursday night's episode of Private Practice (a GREAT show on ABC) where one of the characters pretty much talked about how a patient of hers made her believe that there is a hell, so that the patient could go there.
And I thought about how that was so true ... At that moment and then while I was in the shower, I realized that there are those people I have encountered in my life thus far that deep down inside, I was just like, there HAS to be a hell, so that they could go there ... Even more honestly, to me, I am one of those people. Just because some people can be more seen in their wickedness, doesn't mean that people's wickedness who can't be quite as seen are better, or have any less of a chance of going to hell. I am pretty wicked ... And the only thing that I can think of that has allowed me to prosper thus far in my life, is truly, TRULY the grace of God, and the Holy Spirit's presence in my life. I cannot, simply cannot deny that He is active and working in and on my life. How sobering, how even more humbling ... What a brave and extraordinary God I serve, who loves me, sustains me, keeps me grounded and balanced even when it seems and feels like more often than not, that I am going out of my mind ... He sustains me. He works all things together, He keeps, He preserves, He is persistent, He is constant, and He is the only Consistent - in love, in faithfulness, in understanding, in patience, in encouragement. HE is REAL, He is TRUE, He is the epitome of LOYAL, the perfect image, example, and illustration of Faithful Friend ... A love that is FREE, that is UNCONDITIONAL, UNTAINTED ... Which makes me more willing to be close to Him. I'm the kind of person, when you push, when you come on too strong, it just draws me away. Until things get to a place where they happen naturally, then the closeness is kept at bay. That's just how it is.
I digress. Tonight, I am all the more aware of how the rain falls on the just as well as the unjust. God knows what He is doing. He really does ... Help my unbelief, please help my unbelief when it comes to that. Help me, remind me that You do see all things, You hear all things, and You know all things and that You have it all under control ... You have everything just the way You want it so that You can work, You can show Yourself strong, and You could change peoples' lives through the power of Your love ... Do Your thing, Lord ... Do Your thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment